Muffler Man: Checking in with the Jackson, NJ Halfwit
Over the last few weekends my travels have added two more checks in the “Visited” column of my Muffler Man to-do list. There are still plenty more to see but I’m enjoying picking them off one by one.
Sometimes I think about those places that I’ve visited, towns I’ve passed through before the time I cared even the tiniest tiddly-boo about the Muffler Man. I think about what might have been…
But, no sense in crying over spilled milk. I prefer to not see those trips as missed opportunities. Someday I’ll go back. I just hope the mighty muffs will wait for me.
The Muffler Man Halfwit of Jackson, NJ:
Though he could use a fresh coat of paint, overall he’s in pretty good shape. He’s also mounted on a trailer which if you think about it is pretty handy. Who wouldn’t want to bring their muffler man to the Stop & Shop or to the park, maybe swing by the in-laws for lunch?
One thing to note however is that his arms are a little veiny and those hands are a wee bit strangle-y. But, judging by the hat he’s Amish so it’s probably nothing to worry about. He might’ve just gotten done with a barn raising.
Interested in finding Muffler Men out there on the road? Check out Roadside America.
More Posts About Muffler Men:
- Riverhead Muffler Man Indian - Downed by Hurricane Sandy
- Sights from the Road: The Cherokee Muffler Man
- Muffler Man: Checking in with the Jackson, NJ Halfwit
- Muffler Man: Mohawk Motors Indian of Shirley, Ma.
- 2011 In Review: Big, Silly, Weird and Wonderful Sights from the Road
- Muffler Man: Willits, California Rodeo Cowpoke
- Muffler Man: Hat Creek, California
- Hello, Handsome! Hayward, California Muffler Man
- Checking in with the Muffler Man of Cheshire, Connecticut
- Moto Photo Blog-O-Rama: Muffler Men
- Ridin’ Nerdy: The Roadside America iPhone App
- Say ‘Hello’ to Stan the Muffler Man from Birmingham, Alabama
- New Additions: Fuzzygalore’s Muffler Man Photo Gallery
- Fuzzygalore's Muffler Man Photo Gallery
- Offbeat Road Trip Destinations - My RoadsideAmerica.com Published Tips
- Sights from the Road: The Rumford Maine Muffler Man
- ROADSIDE KITSCH: Catching up with the Cheshire Connecticut Muffler Man
- NJ Muffler Man: 2 Halfwits = 1 Wholewit?
- Muffler Man: Howdy Partner - New Jersey's Cowtown Rodeo
- NJ Muffler Man: Werbanys Tire
- Jersey City Muffler Man - Fuggedaboudit
- Uniroyal Gal Awesomeness: Nitro Girl!
- New York Boy Scout Bunyan - Muffler Man
- Sights from the Road: The Bakersfield Indian Muffler Man
- ROADSIDE KITSCH: Muffler Man - West Virginia
- Wednesday Wanderings
- Sights from the Road: The Yasgur's Farm Muffler Man in the Wild
- Sights from the Road: The Elmsford, New York Paul Bunyan Muffler Man