Muffler Man and Giraffe – Happy Halfwit of Oaks, Pennsylvania
This happy halfwit Mortimer Snerd style Muffler Man and his super-cute giraffe friend can be found standing outside of Arnold’s Family Fun Center in Oaks, Pennsylvania.
Is it just me or does this muffler man look kind of shrug-y? Like his neck is too short. Or maybe his traps are huge. Either way, I can’t say I’ve ever noticed that before on any of the other guys. Maybe he carries all his stress in his shoulders.
Something about that darn giraffe’s face is so sweet to me I just want to huggo the stuffin’ outta him. And the way he’s got that hind leg kicked back like a show dog? ::chef’s kiss:: Magnificent.
I’ve said it before but it bears repeating with each muffler man visit; it is fascinating to see what details a painter will highlight on a muffler man. The outlined choppers on this bad boy are a nice touch. It isn’t uncommon to see the Snerds with a gap-toothed smile. Instead, he’s giving piano keys with lips reminiscent of latter year Michael Jackson. It’s a lot.
Prior to this perch, this halfwit muffler man stood on the Seaside Heights, New Jersey boardwalk where he was cast off with other debris from Superstorm Sandy. Roadside America has a photograph of him laying prone in a heap. While a parking lot in Pennsylvania might not be as exciting as the boardwalk at Seaside, this relocation to Oaks is nonetheless a triumphant return for the scrappy giant.
Plus? Giraffe. Giraffe is a win.
In the time that I have had a conscious interest in muffler men it’s been wonderful to see more and more people documenting, restoring and caring about these bastions of Americana. Social media has certainly contributed positively to continuing their legacy.
Long live the muffs, forever and ever, amen.
Visit this Muffler Man and his Giraffe Buddy
2200 West Dr, Oaks, PA 19456
Muffler Men Posts You Might Also Like:
- Muffler Man and Giraffe - Happy Halfwit of Oaks, Pennsylvania
- Muffler Man: Big Chip from the Inside Scoop - Coopersburg, Pennsylvania
- To All the Muffler Men I've Loved Before
- Muffler Man of Mentone, California
- Big Josh - The Joshua Tree Muffler Man
- HOW TO: Meet Tall, Handsome Men While Riding Your Motorcycle
- White’s Muffler Man - Wilson, North Carolina
- The Very Handsome Muffler Man of Hancock, Massachusetts
- Believe In The Power of Daydreams
- Well, Hello, Mr. Bedroom Eyes - Uniontown, Pa. Mufflerman
- Riverhead Muffler Man Indian - Downed by Hurricane Sandy
- Sights from the Road: The Cherokee Muffler Man
- Muffler Man: Checking in with the Jackson, NJ Halfwit
- Muffler Man: Mohawk Motors Indian of Shirley, Ma.
- 2011 In Review: Big, Silly, Weird and Wonderful Sights from the Road
Thanks to you and Roadside America, I have found a few of these gems out there. With retirement nearing, I’m sure I’ll find a few more that, maybe, you haven’t found.
I hope that you do! 🙂
He looks like Alfred E. Neuman….remember him?