Sights from the Road: The Cherokee Muffler Man
Kenny and I made a quick stop in Cherokee, NC to snap a photo of a gent we’d passed many moons ago but never stopped for. The Cherokee Muffler Man:
And look – he has nipples! This was the first time I was ever consciously aware of an Indian-model Muffler Man’s anatomical correctness 🙂 I did go back and look at the other Indian Muffs I’ve seen and they do all indeed have them.
Other Indian Muffler Men
- Sights from the Road: The Bakersfield Indian Muffler Man
- As Seen on TV - The Riverhead Muffler Man Indian
- Muffler Man: Mohawk Motors Indian of Shirley, Ma.
- Muffler Man: Checking in with the Jackson, NJ Halfwit
- Sights from the Road: The Cherokee Muffler Man
- Riverhead Muffler Man Indian - Downed by Hurricane Sandy
Unfortunately the Cherokee Muff’s headdress is now broken. But even so, he appears to be well-loved and in really good shape. According to Roadside America, he’s been there for 30 years. That’s a lot of waving for one guy.
Did you notice those crazy white eyes? Perhaps they were light blue at one time. Either way – they look like they can peer deep into your soul. ::shudder::