Whispering Giants Grand Tour: Wacinton of Paducah, Kentucky
When I pulled up at the edge of Noble Park in Paducah the word “Wow,” escaped from me. Even though it was the 10th Whispering Giant I visited, I didn’t expect how striking his appearance would be in person.
Having seen Wacinton in photos from other grand-tourers I knew that I had to see him, too. His sheer size is powerful. Wacinton stands 35 feet tall to the top of his feathers.
The wood appeared in good condition with no immediate signs of rot but there were several beehives attached. Other photos around the web show the Giant as having deep stained coloring but the sun and weather has faded it a bit.
I can officially say that this was my favorite Whispering Giant, unseating Rotaynah.
Though I am sure I will visit others in my travels in the future, the Team Strange Whispering Giant Grand Tour will come to a close on October 31st. It has been a great experience visiting these beautiful carvings and reading their stories.
Other Posts about Whispering Giants
- Whispering Giant of Troy, Kansas
- On the Trail of the Whispering Giants
- Whispering Giant: Sequoyah of North Carolina
- Whispering Giant: Chief Woapalanne of Williamsport, Pennsylvania
- Unfinished Business: The Williamsport, Pa. Whispering Giant - Woapalanee
- Whispering Giants Grand Tour: Wacinton of Paducah, Kentucky
- A Sunday Ride to Burlington, Vermont
- Whispering Giants Motorcycle Grand Tour: Northeastern Round-up, So Far
- Whispering Giants Grand Tour: Ong-Gwe-Ohn-Weh in Dunkirk, NY
- Whispering Giants Grand Tour: Williamsport, Pa. Giant is Missing
- Whispering Giants Grand Tour: Enishkeetompauog and Enisketomp
- Whispering Giants Grand Tour: Omiskanoagwiak - Springfield, MA
- Planning: Whispering Giants Grand Tour
- The Whispering Giants Grand Tour