On Saturday morning, I hopped on the ferry to head towards Springfield, Ma. to photograph my first Whispering Giant for the Team Strange Grand Tour.
My plan was to take a quick zip up the slab to Springfield, 85 miles and then to saunter home.
The giant that I visited is named Omiskanoagwiak, the wolf people – medicine man.
When you get up close to him, the amount of expression that conveyed through the carved wood is amazing.
All afternoon I was surprised to find that there were still large piles of standing snow and frozen lakes in the Berkshires. As bad as our winter must have been on Long Island, the folks in the mountains must have had it really rough. I’m thankful that spring is finally starting to settle in.
I came home feeling excited about going to visit other giants. I wonder who I’ll get to visit next?
Other Posts about Whispering Giants
- Whispering Giants Grand Tour: Ong-Gwe-Ohn-Weh in Dunkirk, NY
- Whispering Giants Grand Tour: Williamsport, Pa. Giant is Missing
- Whispering Giants Grand Tour: Enishkeetompauog and Enisketomp
- Whispering Giants Grand Tour: Omiskanoagwiak - Springfield, MA
- Planning: Whispering Giants Grand Tour