This morning when I opened my email, there was a message from those rapscallions who run The Void. It was the bonus listing file. Before receiving the full rally book with complete instructions on what to do at the bonus stops, the rallymasters for the Void send out waypoint files so that you can begin basic routing. A few days before the rally, participants are then sent the full rally book.
Boy, I though last year’s Yahtzee theme was puzzling. They’ve outdone themselves this year. This preliminary planning is really shining a light on just how anemic my grey matter has become. ::wipes drool from mouth:: With several layers of time and day availability for combo bonus groupings, I am just about at my limit with being able to keep things straight, even with color-coding waypoints in my mapping software.
I think I just need to draw a square on the map to represent my personal riding boundary and just nickel and dime my way back to the barn in Fredericksburg, Virginia at rally end.
For all those other times I thought I was fighting for the middle of the pack? This time I think I’ll be in a race to the bottom. Oofa.
I haven’t seen my rally flag yet. Hopefully the postal service isn’t being delayed by the nasty weather here on the east coast.
The Void Rally
October 9-10, 2015
Other Posts about The Void Rally
- VOID Rally 11: Route is Planned, Resignation Settles In
- Void Rally 11: Route Planning Update
- VOID Rally 11: The Doubt Phase
- Dear, Aunt Mildred - I'm So Confused About The VOID Rally 10
- Void Rally 10: Lights, Camera...Speculation
- Ride Report: Return from the Edge of Void Rally 9
- The VOID Rally 9 - Yahtzee!
- On the Tail of the Comets Comes a Girlie Motorcycle Rider
- Sex, Motorcycles and Bacon - Tales from the Void Rally 8
- Void 8: Let The Bonus Speculation Begin!
- Once More into the Void We Go
- Save The Date: Void Rally 8
- Void Rally 7: Tales of a First Timer
- Void Rally 7: And Away We Go
- Void Rally 7: Today is Bonus List Day!
- The Void Rally: I Am Rider Number...
- Welcome to The Void Rally 7