The Void Rally: I Am Rider Number…
71! Seven one. Seventy one, that’s me. ::takes a deep breath::
Is there any historical or great, positive significance that I can tie to the number 71? Was ice cream invented on the 71st day of the year or anything?
My rally towel arrived today along with a few pages of initial instructions. Over and over the Rallymasters have stressed that reading comprehension will be a rider’s best friend. I’ve read everything slowly, over and over again.
The next thing to come will be the rally book and bonus list, which I will use to plan my route for the rally. I wish I had that right now!
With just a week before lift off, I would say I am more excited than nervous. I have no assumptions about being great at this, but I’m looking forward to riding, seeing stuff and just doing it because well,… it’ll be fun.
The Void has a Yahoo group that allows participants to communicate with each other and the rally staff. Quite a few other riders have reached out to me to offer support, suggestions and tips after I mentioned that this will be my very first rally. There are some really good and kind people out there. I get reminded of that often.
So, now the nail biting until I get my bonus list…
I’ll take all the good vibes you can spare. 🙂
You Might Also Like:
- Welcome to The Void Rally 7
- Into the Void: GPS Coordinates - The Stuff Nightmares Are Made Of
- The Void Rally: I Am Rider Number...
- Void Rally 7: Today is Bonus List Day!
- Void Rally 7: And Away We Go
- Void Rally 7: Tales of a First Timer
- Save The Date: Void Rally 8
- Journey to The Void: And So It Begins
- Void 8: Let The Bonus Speculation Begin!
- Dear, Aunt Mildred - I'm So Confused About The VOID Rally 10
- VOID Rally 11: The Doubt Phase
- Void Rally 11: Route Planning Update
- VOID Rally 11: Route is Planned, Resignation Settles In
- Void Rally 11: RTFM, Dummy!
- The Void Rally 11 - The Wet and Wild Monopoly Edition
- The Void 12 - A Motorcycle Scavenger Hunt Rally
- Rally Riding: Know Your Camera and Learn To Take Pictures In the Dark
- PSA: The Void Rally - Registration Closing in Two Weeks
- PSA: Void Rally 12 Registration Closes August 18th!
9 Replies to “The Void Rally: I Am Rider Number…”
I’m TEAM 71 all the way! W00T!!!
You will totally Rock The Void, Fuzzy!
😆 Thanks, Wen- I’ll take it!
Just trying to remember ~ no pressure, just fun. Ride, find stuff, write it down. I think I can do that 🙂
Lots and lots of good vibes coming your way.
I think 71 is a lucky number, but then I might be biased as I was born in 1971.
Only one more week. You are going to have so much fun!!
Thanks, T 🙂 I sure appreciate it!
I like that number! 71. Very solid. So proud of you! I’m team 71 too.
Thanks, Pam- Big hug to you!
71? I got 71 points over 80 in my Geometry exam! I thought I would not think a thing connected with 71. It seems like I just did.
Seems like as good a reason as any to think 71 is a good number 🙂
Number 71 is my new favorite number, go team 71!