Day 3: The Highest Elevation on the Blue Ridge Parkway Motor Road
The Blue Ridge Parkway’s highest elevation sign is found at the Richard Balsam Overlook, Milepost 431.
When we stopped to snap a quick photo, it occurred to me that we didn’t have many miles left before our trip down the BRP would be complete. We were just a short hop from where the parkway ended and we’d have travelled the 469 miles of its length. Of course I was excited to see new things, but there is that element of traveling that tugs at your heart strings. Part of you never wants any of it to end.
But, we still had one more place to visit in Maggie Valley before our time on the Blue Ridge was over…
More Posts from the Trip:
- Southern Trip Stats - Y'all Come Back Now, Hear?
- Day 1: Dipping Below the Mason-Dixon Line
- Day 2: Smooth Sailing on the Blue Ridge Parkway
- Day 2: Detour to the Roanoke Muffler Man
- Day 2: The Mile High Club at Grandfather Mountain
- Day 3: Riding Through Blue Ridge Parkway Tunnels
- Day 3: Blue Ridge Parkway Pit Stop - Breakfast at Mount Mitchell
- Day 3: The Highest Elevation on the Blue Ridge Parkway Motor Road
- Day 3: Wheels Through Time Museum - Photo Gallery
- Sights from the Road: The Cherokee Muffler Man
- Sights From the Road: Greatest Car in the Universe v4.0 - Mufflermobile
- Day 4: We Had Georgia on Our Minds
- Day 4: NC 209 With a Little Luck
- Sights From the Road: Goats on the Roof
- Snapshot: My Navigation System
- MotoPhoto: Don't You Just Love it When the Road Does That?
- Day 5: TN421 - Grabbing the Snake by the Tail
- Roadside Sights: Pal's Sudden Service
- Check One Off The To Do List: Backbone Rock
- Day 5: Stung on the Back of the Dragon
- Roadside Snapshot: The Big Little Apple of Thaxton, Virginia
- Day 6: The Motorcycle Adventures of the Bearded Lady
- Snapshot: Southern Trip Souvenirs
- Day 7: Mixed Nuts and a Reformed Jackass on the Loose in West Virginia
- Beware - It's The Devils Road!
- Space, The Final Frontier - These are the Voyages of the Fuzzship Tigerprise