North Carolina 209 has been dubbed “The Rattler” by locals. Now, if the image of a wiggly snake doesn’t get your motorcycle heart pumpin’ well, I just don’t know what would.
Then when we visited Wheels Through Time, Dale also happened to recommended the route to us. How could we say no?
The road was indeed lovely, snaking its way through valleys and climbing up and down through the mountains – but my favorite moment came in the form of Luck. The town of Luck.
While we were talking about NC 209, Dale also mentioned that there was a delightful old building with antique gas pumps out front. As someone who loves Americana, he was speaking my language. When I saw the little white ramshackle building make its appearance on a curve up ahead, I threw out the anchor and stopped for a closer look.
The sign above the door reads ‘A little bit o’ Luck.’
I can’t think of anything more fitting for the way I trip my way through this life…
More Posts from the Trip:
- Southern Trip Stats - Y'all Come Back Now, Hear?
- Day 2: Smooth Sailing on the Blue Ridge Parkway
- Day 2: Detour to the Roanoke Muffler Man
- Day 2: The Mile High Club at Grandfather Mountain
- Day 3: Blue Ridge Parkway Pit Stop - Breakfast at Mount Mitchell
- Day 3: The Highest Elevation on the Blue Ridge Parkway Motor Road
- Day 3: Wheels Through Time Museum - Photo Gallery
- Sights from the Road: The Cherokee Muffler Man
- Sights From the Road: Greatest Car in the Universe v4.0 - Mufflermobile
- Day 4: NC 209 With a Little Luck
- Sights From the Road: Goats on the Roof
- MotoPhoto: Don't You Just Love it When the Road Does That?
- Roadside Sights: Pal's Sudden Service
- Check One Off The To Do List: Backbone Rock
- Day 5: Stung on the Back of the Dragon
- Roadside Snapshot: The Big Little Apple of Thaxton, Virginia
- Snapshot: Southern Trip Souvenirs
- Day 7: Mixed Nuts and a Reformed Jackass on the Loose in West Virginia
- Beware - It's The Devils Road!
- Space, The Final Frontier - These are the Voyages of the Fuzzship Tigerprise