Okay, I’m just going to apologize up front. You’re probably going to get a teensy-weensy bit of drool on your keyboard. A quick dab with a napkin oughta do it. It’ll be our little secret.
Sometimes what you don’t see on a road can set your imagination on fire. Two pieces of the same road doubling back on each other? It can only lead you to believe that they are sewn together with a hairpin kink. In the case of this picture on CA 49, you’d be right.
Wiggle wiggle wiggle.
And of course, sometimes what you do see…? Well, that can get your blood pumping too. As we descended into a valley heading towards Coulterville we were able to get a glimpse of the road we’d just ridden.
This portion of 49 reminded me of the Cherohala Skyway in some ways. It combined tight turns and flowing sets of curves that hugged the ridge of the mountains. All of them cradled by the backdrop of beautiful mountain vistas.
This stretch of road on the map:
More Posts From This Trip:
- Here It Is! The Greatest Road Sign In The World
- Hello, San Francisco - So Good To See You Again
- California Love: It's Time to Hit the Road
- California Love: Mount Hamilton and Lick Observatory
- California Love: Seaside Sandwiches in Big Sur
- California Love: Chasing Lightning on Route 58
- California Love: Rendezvous at the Big Shoe
- California Love: Golden Fields on Hot Springs Drive
- California Love: Sequoia National Park
- Hello, Handsome! Hayward, California Muffler Man
- California Love: Finding Gold on CA 49
- California Love: Rain on the Sonora Pass
- The Tiny Topaz, California Post Office
- California Love: Holy Hail on Monitor Pass
- I Think I May Have Opened Pandora's Box
- Heading North Through Lassen Volcanic Park
- Muffler Man: Hat Creek, California
- Long and Lovely - California Highway 96
- OMG - I Saw Bigfoot in California!
- GoPro Accidental Photos: The Redwoods