Greetings from sunny Virginia.
Apparently on the heels of their Virginia is for Lovers campaign of many years, the State of Virginia has adopted “Love is at the heart of every Virginia vacation.” With that they have installed LOVE sculptures around the state.
As someone who is moderately obsessed with hearts and love… I was tickeled pink to see a few of them as we passed through the state!
Wish you were here.
I tagged along on a ride to have a cheesesteak lunch in Philly on Saturday afternoon. I couldn’t leave town without seeing Robert Indiana’s LOVE sculpture while I was there. As it turned out – we got the most perfect parking space!
You can visit the Philly LOVE statue at:
15th St & John F. Kennedy Blvd
John F. Kennedy Plaza
Philadelphia, PA 19102
- That the motorcycle has the uncanny ability to make the concerns of the day fade away?
- That I feel like anything is possible when I am riding?
- That I do all of my best thinking in the saddle?
- That each time I ride my bike I wonder why I don’t ride it more often than I do?
- That every ride I take results in some grand plan scheme for a huge trip I’d like to take?
…that I love riding motorcycles with my friends?
Located on the northern end of the Blue Ridge Parkway in Virginia are Love Gap and Love Road. I just couldn’t pass by without taking a photo!
Is there any better name for a road?
I love love 🙂
It’s so perfect that I stumbled across this heart in a gas station in West Virginia. I found my first “heart and sole” picture in the same state in 2008.
View some of the other “love” I’ve run across.