20 Random things riding a motorcycle has done for me
A motorcycle is machine, right? Just two wheels, some metal and couple hundred moving parts. So what is it then that makes the motorcycle such a conduit to great adventures in a life?
I don’t believe that I could ever be as excited about driving somewhere in a car as I could riding there on my motorcycle. To me, there is no such thing as a pleasure drive. But, a pleasure ride? Absolutely. Outside of the simple enjoyment of the act of riding, motorcycling allows me to explore my own humanness, to broaden my horizons in a way that I have yet to experience with any other activity. Just a machine? I beg to differ.
Because of riding motorcycles…
- I have met my partner in this life.
- My feet have walked in many of America’s great states.
- I have friends that live around the world.
- I have watched someone die.
- I have watched people truly live.
- I have learned that the world is huge.
- I have also learned that my universe is small.
- I now know that I want to go everywhere and see everything.
- I’ve learned that motorcycle people are weird and wonderful.
- It seems that I have become rigid in some of my beliefs.
- I have learned to be flexible in my actions.
- I have learned to have respect and to have fear.
- I’ve been fearless and stupid.
- When I wonder what’s down that road over there, I’ve learned to go find out.
- I have fallen in love with my friends.
- I’ve learned how to see.
- Into each life a little rain must fall makes sense to me now.
- I have seen many shining examples of how the people of the world are the same everywhere. Doctor, lawyer and Indian chief, we all do the same crap. Riding is a great equalizer.
- I have decided that people are curious and friendly and for the most part good at heart.
- I will always be looking forward to my next ride.