In September of 2010, Kenny and I met up with our friend Patrick in Italy and spent a little over a week riding around in the mountains. Our travels took us to Italy, Switzerland, the teeny-weeny country of Liechtenstein, and Austria. The trip was, in a word – monumental.
Even though months have passed, I still find myself reliving fragments of the trip in my imagination. The Alps are a motorcyclist’s paradise.
Though it was difficult to will yourself to stop riding, we did manage to snap a few photos of some beautiful roads along the way.
(Click all photos to enlarge)
Stelvio Pass – Italy
Fluela Pass – Switzerland
Julierpass – Switzerland
Splugenpass – Italy/Switzerland
San Bernardino Pass – Switzerland
Nufenen Pass – Switzerland
Grimselpass – Switzerland
In Case You Missed It
Here are some posts from that trip:
- Visiting Italy: Lake Como and a Case of Jet Lag
- Visiting Italy: Motorcycling from Lake Como to Bormio
- Cross One Off The Bucket List: Riding the Stelvio Pass in Italy
- A Sunday Ride Through the Swiss and Italian Alps
- Killing Time Around Vicosoprano, Switzerland
- Motorcycle Nirvana: Riding The Splügen Pass
- One of the World’s Best Motorcycling Roads: San Bernardino Pass
- Someone Pinch Me – Switzerland is Motorcycle Riding Heaven
- Riding to Austria: Our Dark Cloudy Day Has A Silvretta Lining
- A Few Short Hours in Innsbruck, Austria
- From Innsbruck to the Dolomites and Corvara, Italy
- Corvara, Italy and Riding Passes in the Dolomites
- Amazing Motorcycle Road: Italy’s Gavia Pass
How About You?
Have you traveled any of these roads? Which were your favorites? Are they on your bucket list for someday?