“Mission: We are a 501 c4 non-profit organization, advocating and supporting the use of motorcycles and scooters for transportation, and providing information about everyday utility riding to the public.” – ridetowork.org
Their website notes the following reasons to ride to work for the annual event:
Ride your motorcycle or scooter on this day to demonstrate:
- The number of motorcyclists to the general public and to politicians.
- That motorcyclists are from all occupations and all walks of life.
- That motorcyclists can reduce traffic and parking congestion in large cities.
- That motorcycles are for transportation as well as recreation.
- That motorcycling is a social good.
I’ve added my favorite one to the list:
- It’s Riding!
Find out more about Ridetowork.org on their website where you can download artwork, order informational packets and even some spiffy coffee mugs!
Show of hands – Did you ride to work today?