OG Slick in the Home of the Smiley Face – Worcester, Massachusetts
Worcester, Massachusetts is a city which has jumped in with both feet when it comes to public murals and art. Under the stewardship of the POW! WOW! Worcester program, dozens of murals grace the walls of the city.
This mural ‘Have a Rice Day’ was painted in 2018 by artist OG Slick and tips it’s hat to the city itself which boasts being the home of the smiley face since the early 1960’s. Created by Harvey Ball, the enduring smiley icon began it’s life in Worcester.
While the smiley face icon seems permanently etched into the collective consciousness, this mural may not have the same lifespan. Though they may hang around for years, POW! WOW! Worcester does not suggest that any of the art pieces are “permanent.” In other words – don’t put off seeing the cool stuff. Life, art, beauty… it’s all fleeting. Enjoy it now. Maybe grab yourself a hot dog at George’s Coney Island Lunch and go see the sights 🙂
Visit the OG Slick Smiley Face Mural
261 Main St.
Worcester MA 01608
You Might Also Like:
- Sightings: Patch Whisky and Ghostbeard
- The American Sign Museum - Cincinnati, Ohio
- OG Slick in the Home of the Smiley Face - Worcester, Massachusetts
- Cincinnati Toy Heritage Mural - Cincinnati, Ohio
- Motorcycle Exploration - Murals and Street Art in Bushwick, Brooklyn
- Long Island Motorcycle Ride Photo Inspiration: Phetus88 Mural
- Ride to Eat: Tuesday Night Supper Club - Burgerology
- PHOTO: Sightseeing on my Yamaha FZ07 in DUMBO
- D*Face - Artist and Motorcycle Rider
- Incredible Pokemon Mural - Huntington, New York
- Nothing Lasts Forever - The Future Is Now
- George's Coney Island - Worcester, Massachusetts
- Get Ready to See the Greatest Mural Ever!
- Beyond Walls - Lynn, Massachusetts Murals and Vintage Neon
- Ride Snaps: Recent Murals, Graffiti and Street Art
- Love Wins and Other Streetart Wisdom