After I finished up my breakfast at the Wellsboro Diner, I set off west towards Galeton on Route 6. From there I would pick up 144 south and follow that towards Moshannon. Hanging a right on 879 north towards Karthaus and the Quehanna Highway, I was looking for Wykoff Run Rd.
Quehanna Highway? Karthaus? Why did I know these names?
Just a few miles in, I realized that I’d been there before while I was picking up three bonuses during the Mason-Dixon 2020 Rally. The most memorable was a tumbled down cemetery tucked in the woods called Keating Karthaus Road. (I’m glad I didn’t go there at night. I would have shit my pants.)
Wykoff Run Road was recommended in RoadRunner Magazine. After missing the turn even though I have voice prompting GPS (a talent, really) I doubled back and found this sign about a quarter-mile in:
And while this one may not be as exciting as the time I saw the greatest road sign in the world? I’ll still take it any day of the week.
Other Posts from this Road Trip
- Road Tripping: The Coffee Pot - Bedford, Pa
- Well, Hello, Mr. Bedroom Eyes - Uniontown, Pa. Mufflerman
- Road Tripping: World's Largest Teapot - Chester, WV
- Road Tripping: A Fabulous Pennsylvania Roadside Animal Menagerie
- Roadside Stop: Madonna of the Trail, Beallsville, Pa.
- Bucket List Stop: The PennDot Road Sign Sculpture Garden
- Musings on Riding Farm Roads. And Bigfoot.
- Road Tripping: Roadside Goodies from Western New York
- Whispering Giants Grand Tour: Ong-Gwe-Ohn-Weh in Dunkirk, NY
- Road Tripping: The Self-Torture of More, More, More
- Road Tripping in Pennsylvania - Zippo Lighter Museum
- Road Tripping Though Pennsylvania - Random Snapshots
- Road Tripping in Pennsylvania - Visiting the Kinzua Viaduct
- Road Tripping Through Pennsylvania: Sights on Route 144
- Road Tripping in Pennsylvania - Winding Road Next 10 Miles
- SPOT Tracker Reporting Gaps
- Road Tripping in Pennsylvania - Wandering to Breakfast in Wellsboro
- Whispering Giants Grand Tour: Williamsport, Pa. Giant is Missing
- Sometimes Being In A Hurry Actually Slows You Down