We had 2 definite items on the plate: I wanted to visit Helen, Georgia to see what that was about and we had to be in West Virginia by the following Thursday afternoon to meet up with friends. They were coming in from Indiana, New York and Pennsylvania to meet up with us for a long weekend of sizzling backroad riding.
That left us 6 days to wander on our own. And it was… spectacular.
There are lots of moments and pictures to go through. In the meantime some basic trip stats until the posts get rolling.
|Days Riding: 9
Miles Ridden: 3,040
Flat Tires:1States Ridden Through:
· New York
· New Jersey
· West Virginia
· North Carolina
· George Washington
· MonongahelaMuffler Men: 2
Mail Pouch Tobacco Barns/Ads: 4
Giant Shoes: The BEST one!
“Free” Hotel Pens: 7
Donkeys I fell in love with: 2
Roadside Goodies: Many!
Hope you stick with me!
Blog Posts From This Trip:
- Southern Trip Stats - Y'all Come Back Now, Hear?
- Day 2: Smooth Sailing on the Blue Ridge Parkway
- Day 2: Detour to the Roanoke Muffler Man
- Day 2: The Mile High Club at Grandfather Mountain
- Day 3: Blue Ridge Parkway Pit Stop - Breakfast at Mount Mitchell
- Day 3: The Highest Elevation on the Blue Ridge Parkway Motor Road
- Day 3: Wheels Through Time Museum - Photo Gallery
- Sights from the Road: The Cherokee Muffler Man
- Sights From the Road: Greatest Car in the Universe v4.0 - Mufflermobile
- Day 4: NC 209 With a Little Luck
- Sights From the Road: Goats on the Roof
- MotoPhoto: Don't You Just Love it When the Road Does That?
- Roadside Sights: Pal's Sudden Service
- Check One Off The To Do List: Backbone Rock
- Day 5: Stung on the Back of the Dragon
- Roadside Snapshot: The Big Little Apple of Thaxton, Virginia
- Snapshot: Southern Trip Souvenirs
- Day 7: Mixed Nuts and a Reformed Jackass on the Loose in West Virginia
- Beware - It's The Devils Road!
- Space, The Final Frontier - These are the Voyages of the Fuzzship Tigerprise