Kenny and Pimmie both rode with GoPro Hero HD cameras throughout our Alpine trip. Kenny mounted his on the side of his helmet for a “you’re seeing what I’m seeing” point of view and Pimmie mounted his GoPro on the front of his Tuono near the right mirror stalk.
Each day, they shot about 4 hours worth of riding video. In order to conserve the battery, this meant turning the camera on and off on less exciting stretches of road or during extended stops.
While looking through the videos, I found that many video clips start with a view of either of them looking into the camera with an “is this thing on?” expression. Kenny’s signature move was to look into his left mirror to see if the record light was flashing, while either Pimmie, Kenny or sometimes both had to look at Pimmie’s bike from the front see if his light was flashing.
It’s interesting to note some of the backgrounds, scenery, cars and bikes going by. This is like one big photobomb blog post. These photos are some of those video still frames:
Is This Thing On?
You Might Also Like:
- GoPro Outtakes: Assorted California Ride Photos
- Things I Learned on my Alpine Riding Trip - Packing And Gear
- GoPro Photo: Taking in the Sights on Col de L'Iseran
- Once More Unto the Weekend, Dear Friends
- Alpine Extravaganza: We've Returned From The Passes
- Sunday Snapshot: Morning Coffee, Royal Enfield Edition
- Just Me and My Gigantic Noggin. And Dinosaurs.
- Sunday Ride: Soaking up the Autumn Light at the Beach
- Super-Extendo GoPro on a Stick Kicks Ass
- GoPro Outtakes: I Stick My Fingers Under My Arms and Then I Smell 'em Like That
- GoPro Photo-Mode Outtakes and Candids
- GoPro Candids: You Choose the Ending
- File Under: Is This Thing On? GoPro Self Portrait at 30 MPH
- Day 7: Freedom Tower Rising on New Years Day - #29in29
- Day 1: Beware of the Creeper - #29in29
- Notice Something a Little Strange About This Photo?
- GoPro Snapshot: Making the Jump to Lightspeed
- Moto Photo: Me and My Shadow
- GoPro Accidental Photos: The Redwoods
- I Think I May Have Opened Pandora's Box
- Riding the Alps with a GoPro Hero Camera: Is This Thing On?