10 Un-Scientific Findings Regarding Loud Motorcycle Pipes
Earlier this week I asked you, the super sexy people that you are, if you thought loud pipes saved lives or if they were well, just loud. During this highly unscientific process we uncovered some interesting findings.
It came as no surprise that several commenters felt that anything that increased your visibility amongst the traffic would be helpful. That makes sense. Every year there must be thousands of motorcycle/car accidents where the driver just “didn’t see” the bike. But, being the most awesomest bunch of readers on the innernets you of course taught me several other things I hadn’t considered.
10 ‘Facts’ About Loud Pipes as Told by the Readers of Fuzzygalore.com
- Anything that helps you to be “seen” as a rider, just might save your life.
- Loud pipes are annoying.
- Instead of sinking money into your cans, maybe you should learn to ride more defensively. You hear that, Pamela Anderson?
- Monkeys from space are no match for a distracted driver.
- Loud pipes can be helpful in identifying asswipes.
- When you’re just one of thousands of noisy vehicles on the road- people may be too distracted by their radios, phones & electronics to pick up on your noise.
- Loud jackets save lives. Can I get an Amen on the Hi-Viz jacket?
- Loud paint saves lives.
- Moving defensively and more speedily than the traffic around you might be more help than a noisemaker.
- Magnum PI wears loud Hawaiian shirts and he might save your life.
You can debate 9 out of 10 of these facts until you’re blue in the face. But, based on the above the evidence I think we can all agree on one thing. As long as you are riding with Tom Selleck, you should be ok. Magnum PI Saves Lives. You heard it here first.