Sunday June 15, 2008 – North Fork to Lee Vining
Our night at the South Fork was interesting. The motel owner actually gave us our money back as soon as we walked in the room and flipped on the air conditioner. When we turned the juice on, it started a loud howling screeeech!!! that sounded like a car with bad power steering. I nearly peed in my pants laughing. So, while the motel was shall we say “rustic,” it was free. There’s always a silver lining.
With the sun on the ride, the four of us headed off towards Yosemite, where we spent our day.
The massive scale and beauty of everything in Yosemite really made me feel like a speck. Amazing.
Yosemite marked one of those moments in time where you almost have to pinch yourself that you are seeing what you’re seeing.
We exited the park on 108 which dropped us down through the Tioga Pass. At it’s base we found a motel in Lee Vining. The four of us: Kenny, Greg and I shared a nice meal at of all places “Nicely’s”. We also found time to a hug a grizzly bear and took a ride down to check out the Tufa on the lake.
Shortly after, we wished sad farewell to Novos who bravely faced a 400 mile slab ride back home. He’d already spent more time with us that he’d planned.
I think I missed him before his Aprilia was even out of sight.
More Posts From This Trip:
- California Dreamin: Hello, San Francisco
- California Dreaming: San Francisco to San Luis Obispo
- California Dreaming: San Luis Obispo to Bakersfield
- California Dreaming: Bakersfield to North Fork
- California Dreaming: North Fork to Lee Vining
- California Dreaming: Lee Vining to Klamath Falls, Oregon
- California Dreaming: Klamath Falls, Or. to Crescent City, Ca.
- California Dreaming: Crescent City to Mount Shasta City
- California Dreaming: Mount Shasta City to Willits
- California Dreaming: Willits to San Francisco
- California: Missing the Beauty of Big Sur
- California: Caution - Bear Crossing
- Spy Shot: Golden Gate Bridge
- Caption Me: Bunyan's Boot at the Trees of Mystery, Klamath California
- Sights from the Road: The Bakersfield Indian Muffler Man
- Remembering California: The Sundial Bridge
- Memory Lane: California's Point Arena Lighthouse
- Memory Lane: Riding through Sequoia National Park
- Remembering California: Discovering the Jewel that is California's Lost Coast
- Remembering California: Serendipity Strikes Outside of Redding