Okay, I know. I know, I know, I know. Every time that I see an amazing art car I go bananas and get all, “this is the greatest car in the universe!” But,…
Muffler… CAR! ::faints::
We actually saw the muffler car when we pulled into the town of Franklin, NC on Day 3 of our road trip south. I caught it out of the corner of my eye as I rode past it. It was after dinner time and Kenny and I were both tired and hungry. So, I broke one of my own rules and kept going.
When we found a hotel and pulled into the unloading area, I took my helmet off and excitedly said to Kenny, “DID YOU SEE THAT MUFFLER CAR?!1?!?!” To which he responded, “No.”
Clearly he wasn’t excited because the magnitude of its greatness did not have a chance to seer into his retinas yet. But luckily for blondie, I’m not a quitter. I did what any smart person would do and set a reminder on my iPhone to visit the muffler car when we were heading out the following day.
I think the chiming of my reminder might have woken Kenny up the next morning. Oopsie That is the only logical explanation for his body language in the distance:
“Stupid muffler car. I can’t believe I’m sitting out here in the pouring rain looking at this ridiculous thing.”
Can you imagine how fabulous a burnout in the Muffler Car would look? Peelin’ out with 4 on the muffler floor. Badass.
Other ‘Greatest Cars in the Universe’
- Fruit and Vegetable Art Car: The Best Car in the Whole Entire Universe
- Sights from the Road: Best Car Ever v.3.0
- Sights from the Road: Chinese Takeout Mobile
- Sights from the Road: It Wasnt a Rock, It was Rock Lobster Art Car
- A Brush With Greatness: Meeting the Wienermobile
- Sights From the Road: Greatest Car in the Universe v4.0 - Mufflermobile
- Sights from the Road: Art Car Extravaganza!