While I’m riding along, I often pull over and snap photos of things that would be best described as random. Though I think they’re cool I sometimes struggle with a way to weave them into a post because they don’t really have a narrative. Often the images are just something that caught my eye or made me laugh. Now that I think about it, that is a narrative.
This giant Pepsi-Cola cap was on top of a building along route 219 somewhere. I saw it while I was on my way towards the Kinzua Bridge State Park.
Something about it makes me nostalgic for my childhood but I can’t put my finger on it. In my mind’s eye it involves Pro-Keds and knee-high tube socks.
On the corner of 6 & 219, the Barrel House makes good use of an old Texaco sign:
When I left Kinzua Bridge State Park, Connor’s was just up the road. I couldn’t resist stopping. What an excellent re-use of old license plates!
You could say I have a penchant for license plate covered buildings. As I see it, the license plate and travel go hand in hand. Maybe that’s why I gravitate to them.
If this sign tickles your fancy, you might like: The Grassy Lick License Plate Barn
Kids in my daughters generation might not even know what this is at first glance. When’s the last time you saw a phone booth?
I have found my town, my people!
Other Posts from this Road Trip
- Road Tripping: Roadside Goodies from Western New York
- Whispering Giants Grand Tour: Ong-Gwe-Ohn-Weh in Dunkirk, NY
- Road Tripping: The Self-Torture of More, More, More
- Road Tripping in Pennsylvania - Zippo Lighter Museum
- Road Tripping Though Pennsylvania - Random Snapshots
- Road Tripping in Pennsylvania - Visiting the Kinzua Viaduct
- Road Tripping Through Pennsylvania: Sights on Route 144
- SPOT Tracker Reporting Gaps
- Road Tripping in Pennsylvania - Wandering to Breakfast in Wellsboro
- Whispering Giants Grand Tour: Williamsport, Pa. Giant is Missing
- Sometimes Being In A Hurry Actually Slows You Down
- Uncle Sam Muffler Man - Happy Fourth of July
- Instagram: Lunch for Grown-ups on Road Trips
- Don't You Hate it When...
- PA Ramble Roadtrip: Heading to Williamsport
- I Think This Calls For a Ramble