A Strange Encounter on Route 6 in Ohio
While riding through a fairly residential section of Route 6 in Ohio, as I approached the intersection of a side street, a big silvery fish fell out of the sky. Thick and long, it’s 18 inches met the pavement with an unceremonious, vaguely moist sounding splat. It was a sound that transcended the noise filtering of my earplugs. If you’ve never heard a big fat fish shake hands with the ground from 40 feet up well, let me tell you – it’s surprisingly loud.
My guess is that a mighty big bird must’ve be working pretty hard to carry its feast to high ground. It’s straining claws just couldn’t hang on anymore and it let the fish go. Or… you know, aliens.
The whole episode reminded me of my pancake encounter. Life is mysterious.
More Posts from this Road Trip
- Travel Inspiration in a Cup o’ Coffee
- A Strange Encounter on Route 6 in Ohio
- Lorain Lighthouse – Banana at East Beach
- Ghost Ad in Chenoa, Illinois: Selz Royal Blue Shoes
- Passing Through Lincoln, Illinois
- Petrol-Love: Olde Tyme Service Stations in Illinois
- Quirky Roadside Attractions from Illinois
- Route 66 – A Leap of Faith
- In the Shadow of the World’s Largest Ketchup Bottle
- The Tangled Web of Bigfeet
- The Illusion of Safety
- Instagram: I saw a Tardis in Illinois. Just thought you might want to know.
- Oh. Hello, Mr. Water Tower – Nice to See You!
- The Decaying Standard Oil Station of Vienna, Illinois
- That OTHER Guy From Metropolis? Maybe You’ve Heard of Him?
- Sunday Snapshot: Big John of Metropolis, Illinois
- Instagram: My Holy Grail of Muffler Men
- Visiting Santa Claus in Indiana
- Whispering Giants Grand Tour: Wacinton of Paducah, Kentucky
- Wide Open Space, Wide Open Mind
- This Post Has Been Sanitized for Your Protection
- Things I Think About While Riding – Is Love Based on Proximity?
- Big, Pink Roadside Odds and Ends in West Virginia
- Pretending to be Brave – Leaving the Void for Parts Unknown
- Talking to Strangers: The Power of Vulnerability
- I’ve Returned From My October Road Trip – There’s So Much To Think About
- Instagram: Trying to stay off the Interstates
- Things I Think About While Riding
- Road-Tripping: Greetings From Illinois