Motorcycle Travel Scenario: 3 Days, 3 Items, $300
It’s fun to daydream about hitting the road. Want to play a little scenario game?
You have 3 days, 3 items & $300
- You have $300 in cash for all expenses
- You have 3 days to ride
- You can choose only 3 items from home to put in your tankbag
The basic premise of this scenario is that you’re leaving home with just the cash in your pocket.
 Your 3 items from home can be anything at all. Clothing, toothbrush, etc. But you can only pick 3. You can acquire anything else you might want out of your $300 budget on the road.
What else you need to know:
- You have a camera or a cellphone – but not both.
- You have a map or gps – but not both.
- You have rain gear.
- You happen to have 2 vouchers for overnight stays in motels.
- You have the toolkit that came with your motorcycle.
- You have no credit cards.
 The items in the above list don’t count against your 3 items from home.
So, Where To?
From where you live right now – where would you go and what would you bring with you?
- Would you be able to rely on the help of strangers should you find yourself in need?
- Do you choose a map or a GPS?
- Camera or cellphone?
- Do you have any tips for finding free stuff that you might use along the way?
With gas tank fill-ups ranging around $15 – $20 these days, $100 a day doesn’t go nearly as far as it used to. Looking forward to seeing how you would stretch your dollars!