2011 International Motorcycle Show – New York City
The 2011 International Motorcycle Show comes rolling in to New York City’s Jacob Javits Center on January 21. I will definitely be attending.
Though I am not in the market for a new bike and I almost never buy anything at the show, I just like to go and look at everything. Observing the many facets of the motorcycle community all in one place is a people watcher’s dream. Love it.
Kenny and I will be hooking up with Soth from Steady on the Humble at the show. What day are you going?
What’s Happening at the HUB?
The HUB offers informational seminars and instruction on a diverse range of topics. I’m particularly interested in seeing:
- Lee Parks – Advanced Riding Techniques
- Cristina Shook -Who Are Women Riders Today: A Visual Presentation
- Jeremy LaBreton – Offroad Adventure Riding
- Sue Slate – Dual Sport Riding
- John Colandrea – First Responder: Accident Scene Management
See the full weekend schedule.
The women-specific area is returning to the 2011 show. Need some information on riding gear, learning to ride, or skill building? Feel more comfortable getting guidance from a lady who has been where you are now? This is the place for you.
Read about Women Ride
Friends Strutting Their Stuff on the Floor
- New York Motorcycle and Scooter Task Force
- Christina Shook – Photographer and Author of Chicks on Bikes
- Judy from Motorcycle Travel America – (New website launching soon!)
The lines at opening time are always long. Buy your tickets online – it makes life easier. The show website has a $4 off coupon.
Chicks On Bikes – IMS After Party 6PM Sunday 1/23
After the close of the show on Sunday night, there is a little motorcycle chick get together happening. Take a peek at Christina Shook’s blog for details. Fear not, well-behaved XY’s are welcome too.
Will I see you there?