2009 in Review: 6 of My Favorite Motorcycle Rides
When most years come to a close and I take stock of my time riding I always arrive at the same sentiment. I didn’t ride as much as I wanted to. Well, as I sit here on the last day of 2009 it is no different. I didn’t ride as much as I’d have liked to. But, the riding that I did do was pretty great.
6 of My Favorite Motorcycle Rides from 2009
- The first ride after a long mental hiatus was probably the most important ride that I took this year.
- Riding through the Daniel Boone National Forest in May. Our friend Pimmie was here from The Netherlands to enjoy it with us. That made it extra special.
- Early spring ride out to Montauk. I was just getting my sea legs back and it felt good to just be out in the world. I can still remember what it felt like to eat my lunch in the sunshine.
- Finally getting to meet Soth and the guys from SuspectsUnlimited for a dayride. The stopping is just as much fun as the going. Building a friendship with a man who shares a passion for life and riding was an important moment this year.
- Riding around Dutchess, Orange and Columbia counties looking for a Mail Pouch Tobacco barn with Kenny. Beautiful day, great riding with my honey. Another reminder of how lucky I am to have a partner to move through life with me.
- The Ramapo 500 Covered Bridge Tour. Great riding and sights through New York, New Jersey and Pennsylvania. Looking forward to seeing what their ride for 2010 will be!
I can’t wait to see where the road takes us in 2010!