California Dreaming: San Francisco to San Luis Obispo
Thursday June 12, 2008 – San Francisco to San Luis Obispo
We were at the Dubbleju Motorcycle Rental place promptly at 9:00 to pick up our bikes for the next 9 days. The three of us were outfitted with BMW R1150Rs.
Before I got to know my girl more intimately, I must say that the thought of riding something that appeared to be so big, heavy and wide with its sidebags seemed a little, I don’t know… like I’d feel like a fish out of water? But, as the miles ticked on my pack mule proved to be a pussycat. She was generally well behaved and did as she was told. What more can you ask for?
For our first day of riding, we pretty much set the day up to be a leisurely roll down the coast. We’re from as far east as you can go in the US, now we’d be as far west. I wanted to take my time and watch the waves rolling in.
It was very exciting to see the coast after having seen it on television for years and years. Carmel, Big Sur, Morro Rock – the Bixby Creek Bridge; each of them visual icons for me and each just gorgeous. Every curve, every turn – opened up to a vista more beautiful than the last.
We ended our day in San Luis Obispo. It was so exciting to talk about what we’d just seen over dinner. This was the first time riding the coast for all three of us.
More Posts From This Trip:
- California Dreamin: Hello, San Francisco
- California Dreaming: San Francisco to San Luis Obispo
- California Dreaming: San Luis Obispo to Bakersfield
- California Dreaming: Bakersfield to North Fork
- California Dreaming: North Fork to Lee Vining
- California Dreaming: Lee Vining to Klamath Falls, Oregon
- California Dreaming: Klamath Falls, Or. to Crescent City, Ca.
- California Dreaming: Crescent City to Mount Shasta City
- California Dreaming: Mount Shasta City to Willits
- California Dreaming: Willits to San Francisco
- California: Missing the Beauty of Big Sur
- California: Caution - Bear Crossing
- Spy Shot: Golden Gate Bridge
- Caption Me: Bunyan's Boot at the Trees of Mystery, Klamath California
- Sights from the Road: The Bakersfield Indian Muffler Man
- Remembering California: The Sundial Bridge
- Memory Lane: California's Point Arena Lighthouse
- Memory Lane: Riding through Sequoia National Park
- Remembering California: Discovering the Jewel that is California's Lost Coast
- Remembering California: Serendipity Strikes Outside of Redding